Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanks Given - Day Twelve

Today, I am thankful for Tom, again. Having a husband that talks me through decisions (personal and business) and is ALWAYS on the same page with me is a real lifesaver. After 16.5 years as a couple, 12.5 of them married and 6.5 of them self-employed together, we've gotten to know each other really well. To say the least...

I know that if I'm upset about something, he will be too. I know if he gets fired up about something, I will be too. I know that if I care deeply about something, he will too. Our passions in life have aligned. We actually have to be careful about how fired up we get because we can really go off at times. We've been known to talk for four hours about how to fix the system. What system? You pick it and we've discussed it. :) We've learned that when one of us is in a fit about something (politics anyone?), the other needs to lay low and nod their head a lot. Otherwise, the combined forces of our ire will cause heads to roll...

Just like in high school when I needed a push to skip school and bum around T.J. Evans park my senior year, he still pushes me outside of my comfort zone. (Flash Back: This really happened. I remember we were called into the principal's office and scolded. Some teacher saw us at Tee Jay's for breakfast. I remember I told my mom and she just laughed. Every kids needs a rebellious streak and she knew that. Ask me about my belly button piercing sometime...) I like to think I keep him a little more grounded too and down to earth. However, at times, I definitely feel like I squash some of his creative ability and his natural entrepreneurial spirit. I'm getting much better at trusting him with his ideas (most of them really are great) and helping him run with it the best I can. On the other hand, I know that when I find my true passion in life (not sure I'm there yet...), I know he will back me 100%.

Thanks Tom. I don't say it enough. :)


PS - I think I hit the record on rewrites for this post. I'm all over the place today. Thank goodness for the undo/redo functions and copy/paste. I'd be a horrible journaler...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment