Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thanks Given - Day Eight

Today, I had planned on being thankful for family. I saw a wonderful Facebook post today though that made me so very thankful that I had to change it up just a bit.

Almost exactly one month ago, three very special babies were born in Colorado to Tom's brother, Joey, and his wife, Amy. Yes. Three. (Side Note: All three of Tom's brothers and sisters now have multiples - two sets of twins and now triplets.)

All of the babies were healthy a great size for triplets as they were able to hold off until 35 weeks 2 days for delivery. Each baby was on it's own timetable (as with all siblings...) and came home when they were ready.

Jesslyn was the first baby home about 10 days ago.


Evelyn made the trip home next. She arrived on Sunday - exactly one week after her sister.



Finally, I was brought to tears when I saw Amy post that Levi was coming home today.



This is the culmination of a long (very long) journey for this family. This is their story to share so I won't attempt to do it justice. Suffice it to say, their actions and attitudes have demonstrated just how much faith and conviction can get you through just about anything.

Today, I am thankful for the following...

1. That three (healthy) babies get to spend their first night together in their new home.
2. That two very deserving people have received such a blessing.
3. That we do NOT have multiples :)

I'll close with the following Facebook post from Joey about a week ago.

"Having one baby at home is a piece of cake. I can only imagine that three babies at home will be like three pieces of cake."

Savor that cake tonight. You guys will be parenting rockstars.

No comments:

Post a Comment