Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rainy Days Can Be Fun

Today was a very nice, and very relaxing day. It was my day to sleep in (Tom and I switch on the weekend usually) so I had a leisurely morning and got out of bed at 10. Tom and the girls had made cinnamon rolls and coffee, so it was a real pleasure to get out of bed. We relaxed on the couch while the girls played and watched TV.

Katie, Jason and the kids came over for the afternoon and we got to hang out. The boys gathered fishing items for their June trip and Katie and I wrangled kids and chatted. Jack is really to the point he is getting into absolutely everything and doesn't want to be strapped down anywhere! This makes for a somewhat exhausting day.

I worked hard from about 5 on to get the house picked up and laundry done. It is a totally unending task and it's impossible to both keep up with the everyday and try to make any progress organizing other areas. I'm hoping that since I'm caught up on laundry and dishes and the kitchen, I may be able to make a little progress on the kids' closets tomorrow.

I was also feeling very domestic today. As most people know, Tom does the cooking around the house, for which I am very grateful. But, every now and then, I get an idea that I will try to take this on and plan out meals, shop and cook. It may have something to do with finding these super cute aprons from Flirty Aprons. Oh well. This fleeting thought shall pass as well. But, maybe I'll at least try to prepare something for dinner tomorrow and maybe get something ready for Tuesday night too. One thing is for sure, you'll be the first to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment