Monday, May 23, 2011

5K - Maybe?

Found this today while contemplating my next move.

5K Training Plan - Intermediate

This is for people who run between 25-50 miles per week which is certainly not me. However, I do plan to run it between 22:00 - 26:00 minutes at the race. I think my goal will be 24:00 even. I've done one on the treadmill at about 26 and I know I always do better in an actual race. I wonder though with training if I could actually do it faster - maybe 23:30. I'm not sure what to expect.

In the meantime, I think I'll work on the pre-training which is 3M two days, then 5M one day, then 3M two days, 5M one day then a rest day. I'll start tomorrow. :)

I do need to pick a race though. I'm looking for something 13-14 weeks out which puts me at August 20-27 ish. Sounds hot... (and maybe too far away - I didn't train that long for my 1st half!)

No comments:

Post a Comment