Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back on the Horse - Day 9 & 10

OK - so I've gotten a day behind. I'll first update on Day 9.

Here were my goals:

1. Log what I eat - I use loseit.com and their iPhone app - DONE!
2. Eat under 1250 calories of high protein, good carb food - this is net of exercise calories - Date night led to another overrun of about 400 calories - well, that and then see #4. :)
3. Drink 64 oz. of water or green tea - Don't remember how much water, but I know it wasn't enough
4. Exercise for 40 minutes - Boo - missed another day
5. Take a vitamin - honestly just forgot this one
6. Be accountable - I blog about my progress in the evening or next morning - DONE!


And, yesterday was supposed to be the first day to track my longer term goals:

1. Run the Riley Run 5K in 25 minutes - I ran this Saturday and didn't feel awesome. However, it was hot and there were hills and I had a bad attitude. Plan to run a 5K this weekend on the treadmill.
2. Lose 10 pounds by October 31 - a pound a week - Despite my best efforts, I did lose 1.5 pounds this week!



These are/were my goals for today (Day 10):


1. Log what I eat - I use loseit.com and their iPhone app - DONE! 
2. Eat under 1250 calories of high protein, good carb food - this is net of exercise calories - DONE!
3. Drink 64 oz. of water or green tea - About half way there, but I plan to chug another glass before bed
4. Exercise for 40 minutes - DONE! Insanity - Cardio Power & Resistance - I'm happy to say that I actually enjoyed the workout a little bit today which I've been struggling with since starting back up. Also, I felt like I was more "into" it today. May be because I did it at 4:30 in the afternoon and not 6 in the morning. Plus, I made a pot of coffee beforehand. :)
5. Take a vitamin - DONE! - I bought some chewable adult vitamins at CVS today and plan to keep some in my car and keep some at the office. Then, I'll be able to take them on a full stomach. Eventually, I'd like to add in some fish oil supplements and maybe others as well.
6. Be accountable - I blog about my progress in the evening or next morning -
DONE!


Overall, a decent two days. I need to work harder on my water intake and make it an ABSOLUTE PRIORITY to fit in the exercise. So many things are coming at me from many angles that I feel like I'm doomed. I have to make it work. My mornings are now out for the most part as Josie has to be up at 6:45 and out the door at 7:25 and Jack and Tessa are up at 6 for some reason. I'm working on my plan, but today worked OK by leaving work at 4:30 and having Tom pick up the kids. 


Also, I have to really work on my patience. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was really hoping for more than 1.5 pound loss the first week. The weight loss is a journey that will not get me there right away. I tend to sabotage myself when I see a little loss. I really need to stick with it this week. I can eat very reasonably if I keep up the intense exercise. I don't feel deprived on those days, but very much so on days I don't "earn" the exercise calories. 



1 comment:

  1. This helps you to practice numerous abdominal exercise and thus will keep you interested in the workout regime.

    ReplyDelete