Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back on the Horse - Day 5

Well, I'm here and I did OK. Not great, but OK.

Here are the results...

1. Log what I eat - I use loseit.com and their iPhone app - DONE!
2. Eat under 1250 calories of high protein, good carb food - this is net of exercise calories - Not a failure, but probably not awesome either. Stuck close to calories, but had more than I needed of processed flours, sugars, etc.
3. Drink 64 oz. of water or green tea - Up to 48 ounces - need to down another 16 before bed tonight. 
4. Exercise for 40 minutes - DONE! - Today was just the Cardio Recovery for Insanity today which is technically 32 minutes, but I did the warmup twice because I started in the morning and couldn't finish because the kids were up so I redid the whole thing tonight.
5. Take a vitamin - DONE! Just got off the couch to make it happen.
6. Be accountable - I blog about my progress in the evening or next morning - DONE!



As I mentioned, the kids were up early again today. I try to start my workout by 6:45 so I'm done by 7:30 or so, but today they were up by then. (I wake up between 6-6:15 because I have to have a cup of coffee before the workout.) I'm sure they're starting to hear things moving around here - my alarm going off, the coffee maker, etc. Either way, it's getting bothersome. I'm going to have to wake up earlier and be quieter if I want this to happen in the morning.


This weekend should be interesting. We're heading to the lake which makes it difficult for a number of reasons. We usually stop for fast food both directions on the trip. Then, mom and dad always have great food for us there. Of course, then there's the alcohol. My goals for the weekend may be a little different then they've been during the week. 


Here are my goals for tomorrow...


1. Log what I eat - I use loseit.com and their iPhone app
2. Eat under 1250 calories of high protein, good carb food - this is net of exercise calories
3. Drink 64 oz. of water or green tea
4. Exercise for 40 minutes
5. Take a vitamin
6. Be accountable - I blog about my progress in the evening or next morning



This will mean I have to get up and exercise before heading to the lake. It also means no junk on the trip. Finally, it will mean a glass or maybe two of red wine and a very reasonable dinner. 


I'll be recounting my long term goals on Monday. So far, I think I'm down 0.5 pound. Blech. But, I also know that working out makes your muscles retain water. (DOMS - Delayed onset muscle soreness) Either way, I still hope I'm down 1.5 pounds this week so I can still be on track to hit my goal. Plus, I think Tom and I will shoot to run this weekend while at the lake. Sunday will be our "off" day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment