Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back on the Horse Check-In - 09/25/11

Another week has come and gone! I had a great week and just an OK weekend. I'm finding that I can do things during the week, like simply keep my hunger curbed, and stay on track. When the weekend comes though, it seems too much emphasis is placed on eating. So, while it wasn't too bad, I didn't stick to my goals.

I bought a book on Amazon tonight that I'm very excited to get in the mail. It's The 4-Hour Body by the same author of The 4-Hour Work Week. I first heard about it from an aquaintence's blog - Mark's Blog. He's lost 70 pounds so far from following the program. From what little I have read, it sounds like something that will be an interesting read anyway. The diet eliminates the "white" foods but places little emphasis on true calories. Plus, it looks at various supplements to achieve desired results. Finally, my favorite part of the concept is binge day. I struggled this week with the thought of so much protein and "good" carbs and no "reward." I'll obviously read about it, but it sounds like binge day can actually be good for your metabolism. It will keep you out of starvation mode among other things. You can read a sample chapter here.

For me, I just need to keep all of this front of mind. The Audio Book in my car is helping and reading more will also help. I think this will be a good week weight loss wise. That being said, last week was so bad, I don't have much worse to get. :) I have 5 weeks left until October 31st which is my first official long term goal. I should be at about 4-5 pounds by this week. Hopefully, the scale agrees tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment