Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pinterest

Well, I've officially found something more addicting than Facebook. And, no it's not Toddlers and Tiara's, although I may or may not have stayed up until midnight more than one night watching DVR'ed episodes. Don't judge.

I was introduced to Pinterest by a friend in real life and fellow blogger, Stephanie. At first, I was a little hesitant because I couldn't see the appeal. And, then I spent a little time on the site. Essentially, it's a collection of interesting things people have found online and pinned to their virtual bulletin board. Then, you can add a widget to your browser and pin your own things to your own boards. It's kind of a like a window to the cool things online.

I've found house ideas, organization tips, recipes, and even hair dos for the girls on here. At first, it made me much less productive around the house. But, then, I started doing some of the things I found online. I cooked a great meal two nights ago and have worked on the girls' hairdos. And, probably the most amazing task is getting Tessa to wear anything other than a ponytail and headband. Here are some pics...





Here's a link to all of my boards I've created thus far... Pinterest Boards

It's also given me some good laughs, including learning about parentsshouldnttext.com.

Check it out and if you need an invite, let me know. Seriously, it's addictive, but pretty darned awesome. A great way to collect and categorize all of the things that are floating around in cyberspace. Sign up - I dare you...

No comments:

Post a Comment