Monday, August 29, 2011

Back on the Horse - Day 2

Well, day one is done. Or almost anyway. Here's how I did:

1. Log what I eat - I use loseit.com and their iPhone app - DONE!
2. Eat under 1250 calories of high protein, good carb food - this is net of exercise calories - DONE!
3. Drink 16 oz. of cranberry juice/lemon juice/water mixture and 32 oz. of green tea and 32 oz. of water - Kind of done - switched it up a bit - drank 32 oz. of cranberry/lemon/water and 16 oz. of green tea and 32 oz. of water - may float away tonight...
4. Exercise for 40 minutes - DONE!
5. Take a vitamin - DONE!
6. Be accountable - I blog about my progress this evening - DONE!



Giving myself a virtual pat on the back. Nice work. 


Now, here is what I will do on Day 2...


1. Log what I eat - I use loseit.com and their iPhone app
2. Eat under 1250 calories of high protein, good carb food - this is net of exercise calories
3. Drink 16 oz. of cranberry juice/lemon juice/water mixture and 32 oz. of green tea and 32 oz. of water
4. Exercise for 40 minutes
5. Take a vitamin
6. Be accountable - I blog about my progress in the evening



I'm just going to review longer term goals on Sunday night. 


By the way, the cranberry/water/lemon juice mixture is something I found on Pinterest. I use sugar free cranberry juice and you're supposed to add two tea bags of dandelion root tea (blech). If you drink 60 ounces each day for seven days, you're supposed to lose 5 pounds of "water weight." I've never tested the theory completely, but I do know that water is good to get down when you're dieting and the cranberry/lemon juice just makes it a little more palatable. So, I make it work. Then, the green tea is good in so many ways. I use decaf green tea (Lipton) and mix it half and half with Yogi's Blueberry Slim Life (also green tea) with a little Truvia. I never get enough water and have to make a very conscious effort to drink this much non-coffee and non-diet coke beverages. 


Also, I'm going to can my Facebook feed for a while. No need to bore everyone with my own form of motivation. So, if you want to follow my progress, sign up on the left either as a "follower" or sign up to follow by email. 


This is another 30 day challenge I'm giving myself. Accountability will be held here for 30 days and then hopefully I will have built a good habit. Anyone want to join in? We can help each other out along the way. I'm committed to doing it anyway, but would love to have you along. Post a comment if you want to join in the fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment