Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back on the Horse - Day 4

So, here's how I did on the goal's I set for today...

1. Log what I eat - I use loseit.com and their iPhone app - DONE!
2. Eat under 1250 calories of high protein, good carb food - this is net of exercise calories - DONE! (Or so far so good anyway, so long as I don't go on a Cheetos binge in the next hour)
3. Drink 32 oz. of cranberry juice/lemon juice/water mixture and 32 oz. of water - DONE! - Well, again kind of - I need to change this goal for days I'm home or on the run and not in the office. I can't seem to make tea when I'm at home. And, today I was out of the Sugar Free Cranberry juice. So, I made an effort to drink water. I'm on glass four so 64 ounces today.
4. Exercise for 40 minutes - DONE!
5. Take a vitamin - Excuse me for a second - Gulp - DONE! 
6. Be accountable - I blog about my progress in the evening or next morning - DONE!



All in all a good day. The hunger is wearing off which is good and I didn't go on any snack binges. But, man oh man, the exercise is really kicking my tail. I'm doing Insanity and I just can't get my mojo right. I'm sore so I know it's doing something but I physically can't make myself do the moves most of the time. And, it's not because I hurt or my cardio's not there. I literally just don't want to do it. I'm not sure what to think on this front other than it will come back to me. I just have to keep at it. The main reason I love Insanity is that they're only 40 minute workouts at first but they are seriously intense. 


As for accountability, this is really doing it for me. I'm telling you I was so close to just saying forget it and grabbing another Diet Coke (instead of water) and canning the exercise today. It was a bear to fit it in since the kids were up a little early and I was up a little late. But, I knew if I made an excuse today, another excuse would just crop up tomorrow. Just going through the motions this week will hopefully make next week a little easier. 


Here is a list of goals for tomorrow...


1. Log what I eat - I use loseit.com and their iPhone app
2. Eat under 1250 calories of high protein, good carb food - this is net of exercise calories
3. Drink 64 oz. of water or green tea
4. Exercise for 40 minutes
5. Take a vitamin
6. Be accountable - I blog about my progress in the evening or next morning

No comments:

Post a Comment