Monday, August 29, 2011

Back on the Horse - Day 1

So, after another week of doing nothing physical and gaining another pound, I've had enough. Enough excuses, enough eating poorly, enough feeling sorry for myself. So, today I was up at 6. Well, 6:18 after hitting snooze one too many times. I busted out the Insanity DVD's and decided to just go for it.

Today should have been Fit Test, but I decided I already know I'm not fit so why waste an early morning with a 20 minute workout. I did Pure Cardio which is only 40 minutes, but intense. I can't believe how much strength and cardio I've lost since the last time I did this. I guess it has been a while (March) but I felt like I was keeping up with things through running. But, in all honesty, I've done very little since the house sold.

Either way, here are my short term (today) goals and my longer term goals. (Excuse the odd phrasing for the goals - goals should be stated in the present tense. I suppose it makes them seem more attainable.)

Today, I do the following:

1. Log what I eat - I use loseit.com and their iPhone app
2. Eat under 1250 calories of high protein, good carb food - this is net of exercise calories
3. Drink 16 oz. of cranberry juice/lemon juice/water mixture and 32 oz. of green tea and 32 oz. of water
4. Exercise for 40 minutes
5. Take a vitamin
6. Be accountable - I blog about my progress this evening

Longer term goals:

1. Run the Riley Run 5K in 25 minutes
2. Lose 10 pounds by October 31 - a pound a week

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment