Tuesday, September 7, 2010

P90X - Day One


Seeing as the last time I blogged, I was very early pregnant, I can tell this isn’t going to be a regular thing. Although, I do like the concept a lot!

Today, I started P90X. I almost chickened out, but decided that since I’d been telling myself I would do this all through the pregnancy, I wanted to give it a go. I decided to go full boat and rock out the diet too. Let me tell you, the diet will be much harder than the workouts. I worked hard today to do exactly as it said and tracked it two different ways, one by portions (which I did fine) and one by the 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fat method. Go figure – I did fine on carbs and fats but needed more protein. I’m going to have to do two chicken breasts at each meal! I will say I was only hungry once during the whole thing and didn’t crave the carby snacks in the pantry too much.

The workout was not as bad as I thought it would be. This was chest and back. While all of my pushups were girl ones and all of the pull ups were bands over the bar, I’m still sore 12 hours later. I do feel like I worked out pretty hard core. I haven’t looked to see what I do tomorrow. I believe it’s some type of cardio.

I want to lose 20 pounds + and really want to lose inches and really, really want to be buff. :) My goal is to be reasonable by Christmas when I see the whole family and some friends. OK – so I’m a little vain…

I’m off this week and home with the kids since Aneth is on vacation. Today was not a lazy, stay at home day though. Started with P90X at 5:30, vaccinations for Jack and Tessa at 11, Joyner’s were here at 1:30, gymnastics at 5 and then dealing with a sore and grumpy Tessa for the rest of the night. It was a high intensity day to say the least. Tomorrow is preschool day – first day! I still have to run to Walmart in the morning, after the workout and healthy breakfast and getting everyone ready to go.

Gymnastics for the girls tonight was awesome. The new Jaycie Phelps center is great and I could tell they were training the girls on actual gymnastics moves. Plus, they just happened to be the only two in the class so it was a private lesson! Tessa did say that she didn’t have any fun and was bored. (Although her actions there begged to differ.) I was really impressed with the young girls on the team there that were working out at the same time. They did about 30 minutes of what looked like Ab Ribber X. :)

I really hope I can stick with this – the food prep is going to be the death of me. I have four chicken breasts in the fridge marinating. I’m going to be at the grocery, not my favorite place, three days a week at least!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment