Friday, September 24, 2010

Motivation


Here are my reasons for staying motivated on the diet and exercise front:
(I’m tracking them here because I’m afraid I may forget!)
1. To prove to myself that I actually do have willpower.
2. I don’t recognize myself in photos – I need to lose about 10 more pounds to get back to my “old” self.
3. Vanity – I want to look good by Christmas so that the people I see only a few times a year are “wowed.”
4. Vanity Part II – Just like when I trained for the mini-marathon, I’m so proud to tell people that I’m doing it and think it’s cool that people are so amazed.
5. Want to prove that even though this is probably one of the craziest times in my life, I can still do something just for myself and be a little selfish. I want to have this reminder when I feel like I couldn’t possibly fit in working out. If I can do it now, I can do it whenever!
6. If I’m going to bust my butt on the workouts, I’m not going to blow it on the diet. And, vice versa.
7. We keep saying we’re going to take a vacation this winter and I would love to wear a bathing suit and not be totally self conscious. My ultimate goal would be to wear the suits I bought for our 5-year anniversary cruise.
8. I have not been pleased with how I’ve felt the last few years at the lake for the 4th of July. 2011 will be different!
9. I want killer arms for the Gift of Life Auction in February. And, I’ll buy a new dress. :)
OK – now that I’ve been totally honest, I feel better. (As I’m looking, they really are pretty vain reasons, but whatever it takes, right?? I suppose that I’d like to healthier and set a good example for my kids, blah, blah, blah.)

No comments:

Post a Comment