Friday, October 14, 2011

More Fun at Tuttle!

I'm sensing a yearly tradition here...

We've already been to Tuttle once as a family - more photos and info here.

Both girls had a scheduled fall field trip to the orchard as well. Tessa was last Friday and one parent per child was required. Josie was Tuesday and I signed up to be the chaperone. I was so glad I was able to attend! (The timing ended up being not so great because Jack was sick.)

Here are some photos from Tessa's trip. We got to go on a hayride to pick pumpkins then pick four apples each from the trees. Finally, we got to go into the play area.

Picking her pumpkin - they cut it right off the vine!

Posing with the sunflowers and cornflowers...

Apples!

Got it!
 Playtime -
I think this is the standard pumpkin patch cutout - I've seen it on a few facebook friend pages...
 So cute...
 Perfect!
 Jumping pose! Caught in the act!

Josie's trip was a little more involved. First, it included a school bus ride, which was a first for Josie. Then, we not only got a hayride to pick pumpkins and picked out apples, but we got a nice tour of the factory where they prepare the cider and prep apples for the store. Then, they also received a nice lesson in bees and pollination.

She wore her I Love Apples shirt for the occasion...
 Bins upon bins of apples...
 This is Josie's friend Kiera. They're so cute together!
 Peaceful...
 Time to find some apples!
 Got em!
 I was surprised at how many apples grow in one area...
 Back at school - an apple a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment