Monday, September 23, 2013

Indianapolis Marathon - Week 12

Well, this should be short.

5 Miles.

5 Miles in a week of marathon training. Not good, Sara. Not good at all.

But, I think it was just what I needed. As I mentioned in Week 11, the training is taking every ounce of energy I have. And, I think it's starting to take my mental prowess as well. :) So, I took a break. It wasn't totally intended, but it was totally appreciated.

Here was the plan...

Monday - rest (plan = rest)
Tuesday - rest (plan = 7)
Wednesday - 5 miles (plan = rest) 
Thursday - rest (plan = 7)
Friday - rest (plan = rest) 
Saturday - rest (plan = 7)
Sunday - rest (plan = 14)
 
Total - 5 (plan = 36)
 
Yep. Not great. 
 
But, here's what I get done during a week when I only run 5 miles. 
 
Used a foam roller for the first time ever. Hurt so good is the phrase that comes to mind.
 
 
Cleaned and organized and purged and trashed a bunch of stuff from the upstairs in preparation for our Home Tour. 
 

 


 


 



Hung out with this cool kid for a day.
 
 
Let Josie make her own Blueberry Muffins for the first time.
 
 
Enjoyed coffee in bed while checking Facebook. 
 
Slept in. Three Times. Tom put the girls on the bus on Thursday!

Went to a Spelling Bee to support our Rotarians.
 
 

Hosted a "Bring A Friend to Rotary" Day for our club. 

Painted my nails.

Watched the girls get their nails painted.
 

Meal Planned for an entire week. Crock-potted some pretty awesome Chicken and Dumplings. Grocery shopped too.

Finished tons of laundry.

Celebrated a good friend's 40th birthday.
 
 
 
Oh yeah. And, worked and reared the children. :)
 
I smiled and nodded during the sermon at church on Sunday. Danny mentioned Matthew 11:28.
 
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

I've mentioned Phillipians 4:13 during my race recaps in the past...

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

I think Matthew 11:28 may be my scripture for this race. Give me rest. 

I feel like I've been missing out on a little bit of life these days. My camera is less full and the tiredness is making every little thing seem like a monumental task. This week, I reclaimed the mundane. I feel prepared to take on the last four weeks of training.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment