Sunday, July 29, 2012

Politics

This is the time of year in which I just want to tune it all out. A lot of people get frustrated during election season with all of the negative ads and candidate bashing. I'm not one of those people. I absolutely love it all. I love watching the debates, the commercials, the 24 hour news coverage... all of it. Last time around, Tom and I watched the VP selection with more fervor than most watch the finale of American Idol. Thankfully, we're on the same side of the aisle.

I think what I'm really going to have to do as we get closer though is sign off of Facebook or at least hide a bunch of friends until after the election. Now., don't get me wrong, I completely, 100% believe that we all have a right to our opinion and the right to express that opinion. In fact, that's my favorite part of being an American. But, what happens is that I see people ranting and raving (and occasionally throwing around pretty nasty comments) about my side and our beliefs and that makes me mad. (ok- really, really mad). In fact, it makes me want to post a rant back. And, where does that get me? Not friends with a lot of people. And I'm not talking just in Facebook land either. So, I just sit there and am quiet, which also makes me mad.

I'm a go hard or go home type of person so sitting on the sidelines is tough for me. But, I also understand that speaking my mind gets me no where. So, here I sit. Quiet as a church mouse. But, just so you know, I could snap at any moment and just start ranting and raving with the best of them. For now, I'll just bide my time and wait for November.

(Editing to add: this was not in response to any one posting. Just a general feeling these days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment