Sunday, July 22, 2012

Triple the Fun!

So, I may have mentioned that my fantastic brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Joey and Amy, are having triplets. They are due in November and that makes Tom and I the only kid/spouse combo of Barb and Vic (Tom's parent's) without multiples! Andy and Ashley have twins and Katie and Jason have twins too. Though the thought has gone through everyone's mind, I don't think we'll be trying for twins any time soon. :)

I traveled out to Colorado to visit with Joey and Amy, and with Katie and Jason who recently moved there. Ashley, Vic, Barb and Grammy all traveled out too. Katie planned a really nice shower for Amy. I made a few freezer meals and helped Amy sort through the baby stuff she had already received. Ashley went to work on the nursery and decorating it. She left it just as cute as can be! And, of course, I took no before and after pics of the nursery. Oh well.

Amy looked and seemed just great. A triplet pregnancy has got to be difficult on more than one level - emotionally and physically, not to mention all of the nerves that I remember from being a first time parent. Amy seems to be handling it all with a lot of grace and patience. She's doing all the right things to take good care of herself and those precious babies. So proud of her!

I did snap some photos of the shower. Katie thought of doing all of the food triplet themed. (Not pictured - triple decker chicken salad sandwiches.)






And, she ordered sets of three balloons, one blue and two pink. (They're having two girls and a boy.)



Barb also brought out a bunch of her "three" Golden Books - Three Bears, Three Little Pigs, etc for decorations.


Barb & Katie!



The gift table

Amy and her younger sister, Mindy. Doesn't Amy look great!


Barb, with Carly, Amy's sister-in-law in the background.

Grammy and Ashley




Chatting before gifts...


Barb, Katie and Grammy got Amy a double umbrella stroller and a single for when she's out with another adult. I don't think they'll have a problem finding a volunteer to push a stroller. :)


Then, here are a few shots of the little premie hats I made for the kiddos. I used this super easy pattern. I would highly recommend it for an easy, just-getting-started-crocheting pattern. It was great and worked up really fast! (The pictures aren't my favorite. I really want to take a photography class!)




Fun was certainly had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment