Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mojo, Oh Mojo. Wherefore art thou, Mojo?

Come back. Please. Pretty, pretty please?

{Prepare for a pitiful post. Feel free to skip if you don't want to hear me whine.}

This happens every year. The holiday hustle and bustle is over, the skies turn gray, the thermometer plunges, and all things appear blah. Not to mention, winter is not exactly busy season in the construction and real estate season. If this happens every year, then why is it so hard to get over? I'm finding it harder to get and stay motivated each day. I hate to be a downer and I hate to post negativity but I also feel like I need an outlet, so I'm putting it out here.

I'll start by saying, and I can't stress this enough, I know I'll get over these feelings and I certainly don't really have any real reason to be down. We are truly blessed in so many ways - we have a healthy, strong family (both immediate and extended), God has continually provided for us both with necessities and luxuries, and we're building a wonderful new house. So, why can't I see all of that and be blissfully happy?

I'm listless and aimless and feel a bit like I'm wandering through life day by day. I have nervous energy but no where to put it to good use. I need a new and exciting project that will pump me up and get me going in the morning and keep me up late at night. When we first started Timber Run, I would stay up late preparing emails to all of ten customers and newsletters for the same. When I first found out I was pregnant, I scour the internet for tools and information. Vacation planning is the same way. What do I do in my free time right now? Play solitaire on my phone. Real productive.

Right now, I just feel stuck. I can't go forward because I don't have a plan or a project or a vision. Unfortunately, opportunities don't just fall in your lap, you have to seek them out. I just can't get started! And, I certainly don't feel like finishing any projects right now. Before the holidays, I started working on our new Joyner Homes website and there it sits. I haven't blogged since mid-December about our house or the wonderful holiday we had.

I'll pull out of this rut, and most likely before the end of winter. In fact, something shiny will probably grab my attention, at least for the short term, by the end of this week. But, man, this has been a rough week. I know I just need to put my nose to the grindstone and start cranking out some productivity and I'm trying to do just that.

OK. I'm starting to feel better already. Getting it down in writing is cathartic, but I'm always open to more suggestions. How do you get your Mojo back when it takes a hiatus? What do you do to motivate yourself in down seasons? I'll try anything these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment