Monday, November 7, 2011

Back on the Horse Check-In - 11/07/11

This will be my last post in this series. I should have posted it on 10/31/11 but life got in the way as usual.

Ok - here were my goals for the Back on the Horse Challenge -

1. Run the Riley Run 5K in 25 minutes - Ran it in 27:47. However, I'm sure it was at least 3.3 miles, so not totally fair. That mileage would have made my true 5K (3.1 miles) about 26 minutes. Granted, not at my goal but a lot closer. I did sign up for the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day but I'm not sure I'll be able to do even 26 since my running routine has been less than stellar.
2. Lose 10 pounds by October 31 - a pound a week - Well, I didn't hit 10 pounds. But, I managed 8. I'll take it. Most of the 8 pounds is due the Four Hour Body book. More later...


You could look at these results in two ways - 


1. A failed challenge - I didn't hit either goal. I'm two pounds and two minutes from my goals. 


2. A new opportunity - so I worked pretty hard. I trained for a race and lost some weight - all while eating healthier. 


I choose #2. I think I'm still moving in the right direction. Plus, what's another month in the whole scheme of things?


As for the Four Hour Body, I guess I have mixed reviews. It definitely works. However, the book claims 20 pounds in 30 days. I think that is totally possible if you are eating a very high carb diet (mine was only moderate - and I tried hard to eat "good" carbs) and if you are male. But, I did lose weight for sure. In fact, I haven't been at this weight since I was doing hard core Insanity and counting calories in a major way. {Side note - I have been majorly slacking in the exercise department in the last few weeks and it hasn't stalled my weight loss.}


All in all - I'm sticking with it. I'm really close to a new low and want to see that number on the scale. Bad. I think I may break it this week, but the next week will be also be a good chance. Plus, with the concept of a "binge day," I get the chance to save up all of my cravings for one day. And, I don't have to make a million decisions about what to eat and how many calories. I simply decide I'm eating the things on this diet and can eat what I want on Saturday. It works for now. 


I'll keep updating on my progress, but I don't intend for any major changes. This just seems like a good lifestyle choice. We'll see. I'm always looking at new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment