Tuesday, May 28, 2013

14 Things We Did This Weekend

What a weekend! It's hard for me to remember a three day weekend in which we had virtually nothing planned outside the house. We tackled project after project after project. And, had a lot of fun on the side!

So, here's what we did.

1. Partied!!! (Family style) Friday night was a party at the neighbors. Josie swam for a bit and then went out in the field with the music blasting and danced her little heart out. She was too far away to get a good video, but it was priceless. Tessa got in the pool at 5:30 and didn't get out until 10! She was playing with the middle school/high school girls and they happen to all be cheerleaders. They were putting her up in mounts and then tossing her. Needless to say, she was in Heaven.


2. Slept!!! Saturday morning, we all slept in until 10 and we had to wake Josie up at 11:20! I guess we all needed it! I slept in until 10 again on Monday morning and lounged in bed with coffee until 10:30 thanks to Tom. 

3. Painted!!! The whole deck needs stained, but we started with the porch floor. The kids helped and Tom and I supervised and touched up. I'm pretty happy with the results. Tom thinks its too gray. I think we just need a rug and we'll be all set! (The porch furniture was my Mother's Day gift except for the wicker looking stuff which we found at a garage sale.)





4. Planted!!! We picked up flowers at Home Depot for Tom to plant. My favorite annuals are Wave Petunias. They seem to just take over where you plant them. This year, we went with my favorite color too. They make me smile. Now, we just need some new mulch.




5. Visited!!! Our good friend from Ohio, Wayne, visited with his girlfriend on Saturday night. It was so nice to catch up and meet Debbie. Sometimes, you just have friends that you won't see for a long time and then get back together and it's like no time has even passed. Wayne is one of those friends. They ventured into the Snake Pit at the Indy 500 on Sunday and it was fun to hear their stories. We all went over to the neighbors to visit with their friends also in for the race. After hearing their stories, I'm finally ready to go to the race next year. 

6. Swam!!! The kids were able to get in the pool twice this weekend thanks to our neighbor's pool heater. It was not super warm outside but the kids didn't care one bit. Even Jack ventured into the pool. He found two high school girls to take him around on Sunday. I've never seen a happier kid.


7. Partied!!! (6-year old Style) Tessa turned 6 on Sunday! We hosted 7 five and six year olds for a party on Sunday. Everyone had fun and it was even nice enough to play outside for a bit. I was a little nervous as we had nothing planned, but the girls just played and played. I made our lives easier by having Tessa pick out a cake at Walmart instead of making one. It was definitely worth the $8. :) And, the theme was Monster High. Not a huge fan of the ghouly little dolls, but Tessa is in love with the dolls (I think there's a show too but they've never seen it) and I feel like the pretty little butterfly cake evened things out a bit. 


8. Hung!!! Tom hung two hammocks down below our deck. Not too bad for $12 at Big Lots! Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to nap in one this weekend, but that is on my list for summer!


9. Painted!!! Again!!! This time, Tom and kids painted/stained the wooden outdoor furniture that my parents gave us when we moved to Indiana. This stuff looks awesome when it's freshly stained! Not to mention, our table was pelted by hail and had to be sanded down to get rid of the polka dots. It all looks like a million bucks now!



10. Laundered!!! Love a photo of a clean bed even if it's missing the fancy pillows. I got all of the laundry washed, dried, folded and put away. This NEVER happens! This would have made a successful weekend in and of itself!


11. Purged!!! After finishing up laundry, I cleared out my closet and drawers. Not only did I switch out my winter clothes for summer clothes, but I got rid of a ton of stuff. Next to laundry, this was my most feel-good task of the weekend. Here's the Goodwill pile! And, that's just my stuff...


12. Decluttered!!! I didn't get as much done here as I would have hoped. But, I took a full laundry basket full of stuff out of our bedroom that did not belong there and a full trash bag full of stuff there too. I tackled the pile of stuff in the kitchen on Friday too. This may not look like much, but the little area between our dressers seems to just collect stuff. So does the tops of our dressers. Not anymore! (For now anyway...)


13. Ran!!! I wanted to get in 7 miles, but only managed 4.5 yesterday. I'm blaming it on the heat and humidity. It really felt bad and I was very slow, but I'm not letting that get in my head. The Steamboat race is less than a week away and the forecast is looking awesome! It looks like it will be cool in the morning but nice during the days for sightseeing. 



14. Slept!!! Oh, did I mention this already? Well, I crawled in bed last night at 9PM hoping to read for a little while. I drifted off after about 2 minutes and just gave in. It wasn't even dark. Must have been a good weekend. :) 














No comments:

Post a Comment