Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mexico - Truths

#1 - Eating and drinking things you can't get in the USA just makes them taste that much better. Case in point? Japanese Peanuts, which I'm sure are not actually Japanese, but taste ah-mazing. Think crunchy, fried, limey coating to a peanut. And, fresh, real pico de gallo and guacamole. And, Havana Club rum isn't too bad either. :)

#2 - I feel highly inadequate and out of place in my full coverage bathing suit bottom and tankini top. I've never seen so much skin on a beach! Most are pulling it off though.

#3 - Sitting on the beach does not get old. I thought it would but it doesn't. Even with a slight sunburn, I can't seem to pull myself away knowing that these will be my last few moments of sun before returning to winter in a few days.

#4 - Doing nothing for seven days is just as much fun as I thought it would be. I'm on my third book and I've been having a blast being on my own schedule.

#5 - I miss the kids. More than I thought. Absence makes the heart grow fonder in every sense I guess. I'll be glad to see those little faces on Saturday.

I'm sure there is more but the sun is setting and I need to soak in the last few drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment