Friday, April 26, 2013

T Minus 10 Days

So, race day has popped up on my 10 day forecast today. That means we're close.

I haven't run enough. Each time, I say I'm going to train harder. Each time, I'm disappointed in myself for not training harder. But, today, I choose the positive outlook.

I run and I am able to run. There are so many people who can't for whatever reason. So, I try to be thankful for the fact that I can. So what if I don't fit in every run? So what if I don't run faster each time? I'm doing it.

I'm nervous for the race. I'm always nervous. I'll try to get more thoughts out as we get closer. I'd really like to run this race faster than the one in October, or at least get a PR for the Mini. But, in reality, I keep telling myself that a few minutes here or there doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm running and staying fit. And, sometimes, I actually enjoy it.

For what it's worth, the 10 day forecast looks like pretty awesome race weather. Hope it holds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment