Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Restlessness

Today, I felt restless. It's not a new feeling - I get it every once in a while. In general, I get bored. I stop enjoying routine, start looking for new distractions, stop wanting to knock stuff off my list (although today was one filled with many to-do's switching to to-done's), and eventually I start to look for something new. I say eventually because it takes me a while to realize what is happening.

In fact, I think I'm just now realizing what the feeling may be. I think it's a calling. A calling to try something new, to branch out, to expand my horizons. It's my way of experiencing a bit of creativity in my very black and white and organized mind. It's not good for one to stand still - to stay stationary - and sometime, it's not good to be content. Discontentment can lead to big things.

Sometimes, it's as simple as a new haircut (or new color), trying a new recipe, planning a vacation or organizing a closet.  Other times, it's much deeper like deciding, on a whim, to list our old house and build a new one without a real plan as to how it would work. Deciding to start training for a big race. Thinking about a big event for clean water. And, yes, even deciding to have a third baby. (And, no, for the 14 millionth time, I'm not pregnant.)

Today's feeling may be nothing. It may pass. Or it may be something. Only time will tell if it's clean out a closet time (I certainly have plenty) or more life changing. I can honestly say I'm not sure where it will lead, but I will wait patiently.


No comments:

Post a Comment