Saturday, August 22, 2015

Indianapolis Monumental Marathon - Week 3, 4 & 5

5 weeks down and 14 to go! (For what it's worth, I totally wrote out this post forever ago and could have sworn I hit publish. Guess not... it was only saved as a draft with a few paragraphs. Oh well...)

Week 5 was a pull-back week for mileage but only by about 2 miles (10%). I managed to work out 6 out of 7 days of the week which is the first time I've done that in forever. Admittedly, the yoga video I did on Tuesday was not great, or challenging, or good for much of anything, but I showed up.

I mentioned earlier that I like this plan because of the four days of running. I'm really settling into a good routine with it by now and it all seems so doable. A run on Monday and a rest on Tuesday then speed work on Wednesday, strength training Thursday and a short run on Friday. Then, all that's left is the long run on Saturday.

Week 6 kicked it back up again with adding 5 minutes on Monday and a 10 mile run on Saturday. By Week 7, it is up to 11 miles on the weekend. Both of those weeks, I got in my 4 days of running and 1 day of strength training.

Things are still feeling good. Not too hungry or sore or tired. I suppose it will come. I bought a foam roller this week to start working out some of the more achy spots, especially that IT band.

July brought my highest mileage month yet - 98.8. August will surpass that as will September and October, but I do feel like I'm building a great foundation.

Steph has stuck with me on my long runs - both the 10 and 11 miles. We've been very lucky to have beautiful mornings to hit the trail!


That's the only running related pic I have for the 3 weeks! 

Stats:

Week 3

Monday - 45 minutes 
Tuesday - Yoga
Wednesday - 60 minutes with 5 Pickups (short bursts of faster pace) 
Thursday - Strength Training 
Friday - 40 minutes (I ran this one extremely slow for some reason!)
Saturday - 7 miles 
Sunday - Rest

Total for the Week - 20.4 miles
Total Training Mileage - 63 miles

Week 4 

Monday - 50 minutes 
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - 60 minutes with 5 Pickups (short bursts of faster pace) 
Thursday - Strength Training 
Friday - 40 minutes 
Saturday - 10 miles 
Sunday - Rest

Total for the Week - 24.7 miles
Total Training Mileage - 87.7 miles

Week 5 

Monday - 50 minutes 
Tuesday - Strength Training
Wednesday - Rest 
Thursday - 60 minutes with 5 Pickups (short bursts of faster pace) 
Friday - 40 minutes 
Saturday - 11 miles 
Sunday - Rest

Total for the Week - 26.2 miles
Total Training Mileage - 113.9 miles

{I think it's worth noting that week 5 was 26.2 miles which is the exact marathon distance. One week versus one day...}


No comments:

Post a Comment