Monday, March 12, 2012

I Know You've Been Waiting... :)

Well, it's only been about six months, but I'm finally getting around to posting our floor plan on here. Why the delay? I didn't want someone stealing our creation! :) I had Tom draw up a nice sketch of the plan without specific dimensions. So, I suppose you can go ahead and steal it, but I can rest easy knowing it won't ever be exactly the same!

We tried hard to create only "usable" spaces. The guest room on the main floor will be used a lot since both of our parents live out of town and I'd say we have an overnight guest once a month on average, if not longer. Plus, it will double as an office with a desk. I love that guests will have their own full bath, not having to share with the kids, but it also doubles as the powder room off the kitchen. The kids' play area/loft upstairs is bigger than it looks on paper. It will be a great place for toys today and study areas down the road. There's also a laundry chute up there!

I'm just in love with how all of this came together! I really never imagined how excited I would be about this place. It's just turning out to be my dream home! It can't happen soon enough!

Here's the first floor.


And, the second floor...

No comments:

Post a Comment